Wednesday, April 16

36 Weeks (We made it to the 9th Month!)

How far along: 36 Weeks (only 4 weeks to go!)
Total weight gain: 28 pounds
Maternity clothes: Lots of skirts and dresses and even some shorts this past weekend...woo hoo!
Stretch marks: Not any yet.
Sleep: I'm not entirely sure how much sleep I'm actually getting at this point. I know I laid awake for a while last night. This discomfort thing is no joke. When you have gravity pulling down on a 6-7 lb baby in your belly floating in amniotic fluid it becomes quite difficult to find a comfortable position. I nearly have to pick my belly up to roll from one side to the other at night.
Best moment this month: This was a busy 4 weeks for us! My mom had our baby shower with my family and baby boy received lots of great items to get him started and he also received a ton of hand me downs (so many clothes!). My co-workers also threw me the most fun work shower I've ever attended :) it was so thoughtful and generous :) I also went over to see the Cherry Blossoms at their peak around the tidal basin with my friend Liz, it was a lovely lunch including a delicious funnel cake. We went to our first O's game of the season and Aaron and I were able to get away for the weekend out in Rocky Gap, Md. I rented a cabin, we explored the state parks around the area, we did a little hiking and learned about the Paw Paw tunnel and the fruit it's named after and I drove Aaron around in a golf cart while he played golf at Rocky Gap Resort. It was great to get away one last time before the little one arrives! Soon we'll be dragging him through state parks and dark tunnels with us!
Miss Anything: I miss being able to comfortably lay on the couch and in bed, no position seems to work for me at this point, my stomach muscles feel like they are constantly going to rip off. 
Movement: I have a little foot always pushing out on the right side of my stomach. I am pretty sure I felt the entire side of his foot today. I also still have a little bum pushing out behind my belly button. He seems to be staying in the same position, head down butt out, right where he needs to be. The doctor told me he is very low and in position. I have lots of limbs moving around in there looking for more room and stretching out. 
Food cravings: I still have the weird ice craving and I made Aaron pick me up some popsicles today. I haven't really had any other cravings this month. I can't eat a whole lot at this point since my stomach is so squished up in the top of my belly.
Labor SignsI haven't had any labor signs that I am aware of, I get a tight belly every once in a while but that is just Braxton Hicks and it's been pretty unnoticeable
Symptoms: I've had a lot of different symptoms this month. I still get heartburn on and off in the evenings but that seems to have gone away in the past few days. I have belly fatigue by the end of the day as well. It feels like my muscles are stretching from gravity pulling down on my belly all day, a similar feeling to when you stretch a muscle in your leg to far. I have also been getting some sharp pains (down there..TMI i know) but I looked into it and it's very common as this stage apparently. The pains are so sharp that it usually stops me in my tracks and takes my breath away (kind of like Aaron...:-P). It sounds like it can be attributed to baby burrowing deeper into my pelvis and hitting some nerves. Luckily it has only been happening in the evenings so I don't alarm anyone walking down the hall at work. 
Belly Button in/out: Surprisingly the button is still in there...barely but it's hanging around, we'll see if it makes it to the end. 
Wedding rings on/off: I've been wearing them on and off now. I get really hot in the middle of the night and my fingers seem to swell a little. I have a fear of cutting off the circulation in my finger so I have been taking the rings off. 
Happy/Moody most of the time: Happy!...because I'm Happy.
Looking forward to: We have so much going on in these last 4 weeks! Aaron's mom is hosting a baby shower for us this weekend for his side of the family and we are having maternity photos taken beforehand. We are also having another sonogram on Monday which was unexpected, to check baby's size and my amniotic fluid levels. We also have two more classes coming up, one tomorrow on how to take care of an infant after you bring them home from the hospital and a class on breastfeeding. In four short weeks we'll be meeting our little boy and it's so hard to imagine having him on the outside and seeing him for the first time! It could be any day now as I'm considered full term after this week. My last day in the office is May 1st so hopefully he hangs around in there until I"m home full-time. This might be the last chalkboard update before he appears if he decides to come early, if not see you at 40 weeks! I'll be posting his birth story though so stay tuned :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment